Tilt-Up Construction for Commercial & Industrial Buildings.
Tilt-Up Construction for Office Buildings.
Building your new office structure with Tilt-Up concrete construction methods gives you a wealth of benefits. You will get a building that works well, is attractive, reasonable priced and efficient-a building in which you can take pride. The large Tilt-Up concrete panels lend themselves to a variety of decorative architectural treatments. An unlimited array of coloring’s, textures like fractured fin, stone, brick and wood grains, and exposed aggregate and mechanical tooling surface treatments.
Tilt-Up Construction for Industrial- and controlled environment Buildings.
Tilt-Up enhances your ability to get just the building you want, and to get it under roof in a hurry! Also for controlled Environment Buildings Is Tilt-Up the ideal construction method. A freezer, a refrigerated cooler, or a controlled atmosphere building. Simplicity is inherent in the Tilt-Up concrete panel for the walls of the structure. The panel is attractive, smooth, clean and easy to seal.
You will get appearance to be proud of, thermal and vapor control, and meet the structural requirements with Tilt-Up. Whats more, you will likely save 10% or more on the enclosure schedule, get low risk of material handling damage, and your maintenance costs will be minimal. Load bearing tilt-up panels are ideal for industrial and commercial buildings because it gives you a column free exterior wall and thereby increasing the usable floor area of a building. Tilt-up sandwich panels eliminate the need for unprotected insulation and decrease the life-cycle maintenance cost of the building.
Tilt-Up Construction for Retail Facilities.
Failure to meet a proposed deadline simply is not an option in the retail world. A delay in a store opening may result in missing the busy holiday shopping season. Schedule also is a critical factor for auto dealerships. Failure to open a new dealership may result in missing the opportunity to sell next year’s models or omission from a special manufacturer offer.
But beyond the constant pressure to construct durable facilities on very strict budgets and tight schedules, the retail industry is extremely conscious of its image. In recent years, site-cast Tilt-Up has become a method of choice for the retail industry because of it’s proven performance.
The Process of Sitecast Tilt-Up Construction
- First the concrete floor slab or a casting slab is poured on which the tilt-up panels will be built.
- The concrete wall construction begins with laying out the panels on the concrete floor slab. Perimeter forms are set up. Next window and door boxes are blocked out and set in place. Reveal lines and architectural design are secured.
- If the concrete panels are insulated the outside face will be poured and insulation and connectors are installed.
- Steel Reinforcing is added. Electrical and mechanical conduit is installed. Embeds for structural connections and lifting are put in place.
- Concrete is poured into panels and cured.
- Concrete panels are erected and temporary bracing is installed.
- Structural connections are made and braces are removed.
The Advantages of Tilt-Up Construction for Commercial & Industrial Buildings.
Unlimited Design & Beauty with Concrete
- Any structure build with Tilt-Up panels can be an attractive building in which you can take pride.
- An unlimited array of colourings that can be added to the concrete mix or textured paints and stains of any colour may be used for beautiful effects on the concrete walls.
- Many different exterior finishes can be achieved using different formliners, reveal lines, thin brick and block, or even concrete stamps.
- With tilt-Up you can have any shape of panel you want including round, curved, panels that tilt in or out, as well as shadow panels.
Extreme Durability of Tilt-Up panels
- The natural rugged durability of concrete and practical construction detailing reduces building maintenance costs.
- Because of their lasting value, tilt-up buildings are a preferred investment in the eyes of lending institutions and business owners.
- Concrete buildings maintain their appearance, structural integrity and value enabling good resale.
Thermal Efficient Concrete
- The thermal energy properties of concrete, combined with a variety of insulation systems, minimize energy costs.
- Heating/cooling loads and even the size of mechanical units may be reduced in some building environments.
- Tilt-up buildings are air tight, and the insulation (which acts as a vapour barrier) is continuous from footing through the roof.
High-quality Construction for lower costs
The speed of tilt-up allows for earlier occupancy, and reduces overall construction time and costs. And, much of the construction is done at ground level, eliminating vertical forming and scaffolding, which reduces construction costs as well as meaning a safer work environment.
Additionally, Tilt-Up will extend the longevity of the building, what makes it cost-efficiently on long-term.
”A construction method which eliminates the cumbersome practice of constructing two wooden walls to get one concrete wall.” ~ Thomas A Edison, 1909