Tilt-Up Construction for Religious Facilities
Today’s religious facilities serve as more than sanctuaries and meeting halls. They also function as community centers that house educational venues, offices, and diverse gathering areas for everything from concerts to events. A room that serves as a place of worship on Sunday may very well be transformed in a music event on Monday.
However, the primary considerations for the facility must always the sanctity of the space, as well as the safe haven it provides for the community. Funds for these projects largely depend on building fund raisers and donations, therefore budgets are usually tight and schedules are stringent.
As such, design and construction of such facilities requires a diverse balance of speed, economy and creativity. On a variety of projects, both large and small and for both public and private entities, site cast Tilt-Up Construction has proven to meet the challenge for religious facilities.
”Durability, long-term value, and aesthetics, all attributes of modern day Tilt-Up, appeal to the sense of value and fiscal accountability required to manage a religious institution.
The Process of Sitecast Tilt-Up Construction
- First the concrete floor slab or a casting slab is poured on which the tilt-up panels will be built.
- The concrete wall construction begins with laying out the panels on the concrete floor slab. Perimeter forms are set up. Next window and door boxes are blocked out and set in place. Reveal lines and architectural design are secured.
- If the concrete panels are insulated the outside face will be poured and insulation and connectors are installed.
- Steel Reinforcing is added. Electrical and mechanical conduit is installed. Embeds for structural connections and lifting are put in place.
- Concrete is poured into panels and cured.
- Concrete panels are erected and temporary bracing is installed.
- Structural connections are made and braces are removed.
The Advantages of Tilt-Up Construction for Religious Buildings.
Unlimited Design & Beauty with Concrete
- Any structure build with Tilt-Up panels can be an attractive building in which you can take pride.
- An unlimited array of colourings that can be added to the concrete mix or textured paints and stains of any colour may be used for beautiful effects on the concrete walls.
- Many different exterior finishes can be achieved using different formliners, reveal lines, thin brick and block, or even concrete stamps.
- With tilt-Up you can have any shape of panel you want including round, curved, panels that tilt in or out, as well as shadow panels.
Extreme Durability of Tilt-Up panels
- The natural rugged durability of concrete and practical construction detailing reduces building maintenance costs.
- Because of their lasting value, tilt-up buildings are a preferred investment in the eyes of lending institutions.
- Concrete buildings maintain their appearance, structural integrity and value enabling good resale.
Thermal Efficient Concrete
- The thermal energy properties of concrete, combined with a variety of insulation systems, minimize energy costs.
- Heating/cooling loads and even the size of mechanical units may be reduced in some building environments.
- Tilt-up buildings are air tight, and the insulation (which acts as a vapour barrier) is continuous from footing through the roof.
High-quality Construction for lower costs
The speed of tilt-up allows for earlier occupancy, and reduces overall construction time and costs. And, much of the construction is done at ground level, eliminating vertical forming and scaffolding, which reduces construction costs as well as meaning a safer work environment.
Additionally, Tilt-Up will extend the longevity of the building, what makes it cost-efficiently on long-term.
”A construction method which eliminates the cumbersome practice of constructing two wooden walls to get one concrete wall.” ~ Thomas A Edison, 1909